Makeup: What's All The Hype About Mineral Makeup?

Hello all!!!! First I want to apologize for being M.I.A. I have been busy out the ass with everything that I have going on, but now be expecting multiple posts at least once a week, that way I don't bog myself down trying to do a post every day, and be looking out for them 9/10 on Sundays.

So to start this explosion of posts off, I want to talk about a new trend within the makeup world, which is mineral makeup.  I personally love it for 2 reasons, you can always achieve the natural look with it, but also you can have that dramatic look without piling on toxins, and more toxins that most makeup is made out of today.  But what is mineral makeup made out of?

To make it plain and simple they are made out of different minerals such as Titanium dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Kaolin Clay, Zinc Oxide, and Serecite.  Along with a few other minerals and you create your makeup.  Each of these minerals plays an essential role, for example Titanium dioxide and Zinc Oxide provide sunscreen properties to protect delicate facial skin from the sun’s damaging rays, where as Zinc Oxide also acts as an anti-inflammatory.  Again I personally love mineral makeup because my skin is VERY sensitive.  I have eczema really bad and once the weather changes my face does too, and piling on tons of makeup doesn't help, but mineral makeup allows me to again, achieve that natural look, cover up some flaws, and also is good for my skin.

A lot of companies are starting to get into the mineral makeup business such as Bare Minerals, Urban Decay, ELF Cosmetics, Sephora, etc, but you can also make your own mineral makeup at home.  There are many DIY sites that give you the list of the tools and minerals you will need to order, and then step by step instructions on how to make your makeup, any where from foundation to eye shadow, even lip gloss and lip stick, and these minerals are pretty cheap because you are buying them wholesale.  I know this because I am starting a mineral makeup business online, and you guys will be the first to know when the shop opens up!!!!

Here's a tutorial from Youtube on how to make your own foundation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQl4m_9YOM

So let me know what you think?  Does mineral makeup get a thumbs up or a thumbs down?  Also if anyone has any other tutorials on how to make some mineral makeup please share!!!!

And as always please hit me up with any questions, comments, or blog post ideas at:

Facebook: Ak Brown, and new Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mind-of-a-Fashionista/
Twitter: @Akjapbae
Kik: Akjapbae
Instagram: Akjapbae
Instadm: Akjapbae
Instatalk: Akjapbae
My email: akjapbae@gmail.com

mineral makeup

mineral makeup

mineral makeup

mineral makeup

No comments

Post a Comment