Lippe Review: Jeffrey Star Velour Liquid Lipstick!

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Review



So I know a lot of you have heard about these lipsticks, and it seems as though they exploded on the scene merely over night! The Youtube world has reigned these as one of the most coveted liquid lipsticks to date, especially due to that fact that they see out so quickly (I'm a witness to being one of those people who helped sell out Dominatrix in merely a few hours...Sry!) Now the Youtube world may have given them a pass for an amazing product, but were going to give you the "Real Deal Holy-Feild" of reviews on these babies ourselves.

And did I mention that these are 100% Vegan & Cruelty Free. BONUS!! (Side note: Some of these do have a smell)

Now I was able to get my hands on 3 of the most coveted (and sold out) colors he carries, purely by luck if I do say so myself. In total, I have 5 colors to give you the rundown on:

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Review
Dominatrix: My ultimate fav by far, I wear this particular shade whenever I get the opportunity. This is considered a true brown, or chocolate if you will.  My only wish is that i wanted it to smell like chocolate! So to all my brown girls out there, here's your new nude!!!

Abused: So Purple its almost black! This is a striking color on the most chocolate of skin tones, and gives you all the "edge" that you are looking for. (Side note: looks super awesome with all black, makes the color pop!)

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Review
Breakfast At Tiffany's: Now as women we all have a dream of having that perfect brunch at Tiffany's, but instead I choose to wear it. This striking teal-blue is an EYE CATCHER!! Not for the faint of heart, so beware of the stairs you may get when wearing this. (Personally, I enjoy all the looks)

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Review
Dirty Money: Welcome to the Army!! I tend to feel like a drill sergeant when I wear this color (combat boots included) This muted green creation is really cool to use for a night on the town. So remember when i said some of the colors may have a smell to them... whelp this is one of them. the only thing i can compare the smell to is a car engine, SERIOUSLY! Now even though it smells like a grease monkey the smell wears off almost immediately when placed on you lips, so then you don't have to walk around with that smell beneath your nose. So if that new engine smell is a deal breaker for you, then maybe this isn't the color for you.

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Review
Drug Lord: Hands down the most coveted & sought after color on the market, and rightly so. This opaque masterpiece is something you don't wear lightly. I was so excited to be able to order this color when it was restocked that I didn't even think about that fact that it was white! Alas this is the perfect shade for that ombre obsession that you have been trying to master due to the fact that this particular formula is a bit thinner than most which makes it easier to blend with other colors. (Side Note: This is also a color that has the same smell as Dirty Money, beware.)



Overall, this is one of my favorite brands due to the longevity of the formulas, despite the whole smell situation, they are.