Rants & Raves: Buy Yourself Christmas Gifts!

buy your own Christmas gifts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, I know I did.  But during this day of giving thanks and spending time with my loved ones, I saw a lot of selfishness on social media.  Specifically, seeing grown ass people complain about the presents that they received.....bish what?!

Grown people, stop acting like kids and shit.  If you want presents, buy your own.  Technically Christmas isn't about gift giving, we've turned the real meaning behind Christmas into the ultimate cash cow, but nonetheless anyone over the age of 21 shouldn't be whining and acting like a piss pants over gifts from parents, grandparents, etc.  I stopped expected gifts a long time ago, especially since I have a 4 year old we're all concentrating on spoiling, so anything I get is just a nice bonus.  Instead, I buy my own presents and splurge on myself.  If you still do expect presents on Christmas as if Santa actually existed, you need to take your spoiled grown ass in the corner...NOW!

Every family is different, but that doesn't excuse the fact that 25, 30+ year olds are gripping, and litearally throwing temper tantrums because they didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.  And maybe I just have a different mind set, but I always by msyelf gifts so I don't end up disappointed and I get exactly what the hell I want.  Don't go broke spending money on everyone else and you can't even get yourself something nice, ok.

Let me know what you think.  Has the whole idea of Christmas been taken for granted?  What are your customs when it comes to gift giving for the holidays?

No comments

Post a Comment