Hands On: Scrumdiddlyumptious Holiday Recipes!

yummy holiday receipes


I love food.  I love baked goodies even more.  Growing up in a house where my dad baked homemade chocolate chip and walnut cookies almost every week and my aunt throwing down for her famous German chocolate cake, I have an enhanced sweet tooth.  And every year for the holidays I continue the tradition and make my own batch of yummy treats.

Now I know I'm not the only wannabe baker among-st the group.  And if I am, that's just even better, because now I can share some amazing holiday recipes I was able to come across on Pinterest (everyone's best friend).  From cookies, to doughnut holes, and even liquored filled happiness in a glass, I've compiled my favorite recipes for this holiday season: 


Confetti Cake Batter Cookies

confetti cake batter cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 box (18.25 oz) vanilla/white cake mix, such as Duncan Hines
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil or melted coconut oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sprinkles

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough- stir vigorously until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone. Gently mix in the sprinkles - you do not want to dye the cookie dough by over stirring the sprinkles.
Drop rounded 1-inch balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes - do not let the cookies get brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first. As they cool, the tops will settle down so you will not have to press the cookies down yourself. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container, for up to one week. Cookies freeze well, up to 2-3 months.
Cranberry Mimosas
cranberry mimosa

Ingredients
  • Cranberry Juice
  • Sparkling White Wine (I like Spumante cause it has a little sweet to it but Brut would work too)
  • Optional green sugar for rimming glasses
Instructions
If rimming glass moisten glass and roll it in sugar
Pour cranberry directly into fluted glass - fill about 1/3-1/2 of the way
Top off with Sparkling Wine
Serve Immediately

Looking for more holiday recipes?  Don't fret.  Check out our board below with some delicious recipes from bloggers, bakers, and homemakers from all around!  Any recipes you have to share?  Drop a comment below and let us know!

No comments

Post a Comment