Fashion & Style: Nontraditional Holiday Style (5PSG)

5 point style guide just bloggers

5 point style guide just bloggers
Happy belated Easter lovelies!  For most, Easter means eggs, bunnies, and vibrant pops of color but....I didn't want to do that.  More so I couldn't find the dress I wanted so I had to rethink my outfit.  While I was strolling in Target looking for a bra, I so happened to look to the right and saw....WhoWhatWear!!!  I know I am very late in the game but to my knowledge WhoWhatWear is Target's latest designer collaboration.  What struck my eye the most was this beautiful army green utility vest, which is something I have been LOOKING for in anticipation of our upcoming photo shoot, so I had to cop and rock.  Again, my Easter attire was the complete opposite of the traditional color palette, but it's ok, because different is great when pulled off in a tasteful way.

5 Point Style Guide

My outfit consisted of military chic, army green, black, with a hint of gold and a pop of color.  My black midi dress is something that I live by, avaialble at Old Navy and other similar retailers.  Comfy and versatile to wear to the office or to the bar, I love it. it's my best friend and I have it in more than one color.  My sleeveless army green utility vest is from the beloved collection of WhoWhatWear for Target.  There are so many possibilities for this vest, it's not even funny.  You can pair with jeans, a skirt, a dress, or even dungarees!   Now for outfit purposes, because my day consisted of church, I decided to go with something very classic, a black strappy heel which goes with the midi dress to a tea.  Because my new glasses, courtesy of Polette are so distinctive, they stand as an accessory alone.  With that being said I decided to ditch the earring and keep my jewelry simple, playing around with the idea of hints of gold.  Last but not least, this accessory is often overlooked.  Faux fur poms are all the rage, either as a nice addition to your handbag or to use on your wallet ot key chain, it's fun.  As you can see, my pink pom brough a different pop of color into the mix but definitely worked.