Blogger Insight: Ummmm I'm Still a Fulltime Blogger! (+TWO FREE Printables!)

being-a-full-time-blogger-just-bloggers-no-explanation

What in the entire f*** is up with this whole "I quit my job and NOW I'm a full time blogger" trend?

I mean I get it,  It is INSPIRING nonetheless to see people be able to quit their 9-5 jobs and turn what people don't even consider as a career into 6-8 figures worth of shove it in your face.  But...I'm not there yet and I don't know if I would ever want to quit my job entirely.

Let's just make one thing clear, you don't have to quit your job in order to be a full time blogger.  If anything, many of us are clocking in those hours at 2 full time jobs.


Have you ever sat down and thought about the hours you REALLY put in when it comes to blogging? I bet it's way more than you think. Do you find yourself:

editing posts
adding keywords
prepping your post for SEO optimization
adding labels
adding a search description
adding alt tags
taking original photos or finding quality stock photos
editing photos
fixing HTML/CSS issues
watermarking photos
saving photos for SEO optimization
sharing your post via social media
networking online through blogging groups
networking offline at blogging events
prepping future posts
YouTube videos
podcast episodes
AND MANY EFFING MORE!

Then you most definitely qualify as a full time blogger, with much overtime put in!  If striving to be your own boss and taking charge of your destiny is what you hope to do, please let me be the first to commend you, but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't put in the same amount of work as you do.

And some of us don't want to quit their current jobs.  I personally love the work I do, hate the company, but love the work.  If I can find the exact same position with a company I love...I don't think I will quit to become a full time blogger.  Another factor is, many of us have people that depend on us, such as children.  As much as these "experts" try to promise thousands of dollars within a few months, blogging is so uncertain, especially in your beginning years.  One month you can have 5 sponsorships, 3 ads running, and a few partnerships, and the next....not a damn thing.  So for us parents, especially single parents like myself...we have to make sure home is taken care of first and sometimes blogging doesn't make that feasible.

Don't worry, we'll all get there.  Slowly but surely people are starting to recognize the work we do is actually...work, quality work that many people are realize they need as apart of their marketing efforts, just don't think you have to quit everything cold turkey just to be considered serious in this industry.

just-bloggers-no-explanation

And to help you along in your blogging journey, we have not one, but TWO free printables for you this week!  Our first printable is a blogger time sheet (very appropriate for this post) which not only helps you keep track of the hours you put in on a particular blog post, campaign, or blog project, but it can also help in pricing for your free lance work.  Our second printable is a blog task checklist packet.  From blog posts, to social media and various other tasks, keep them in order and check them off once completed!  Both of these printables are totally FREE, all you have to do is join our exclusive blogger studio to gain access to these printables and many more!




How many have taken the plunge of quitting their 9-5 and focusing on blogging?  How many juggle both?  Who's on the fence?  Comment below and sound off!