Beauty: Find That Dupe-Holographic Highlighters!

find-that-dupe-holographic-highlighter-just-bloggers-no-explanation

Holographic highlighters have been a crazed, mysterious trend for some time now.  I say this because one day a video pops up on Facebook or Instagram of this magical treasure and then you go to try and buy it...and it's sold out.  And because of it being sold out the trend surely fizzles out as if it never happened, so when I stumbled upon MILK Cosmetic's Holographic Stick....I had to cop immediately!  I actually wasn't looking for a holographic highlighter in particular, and it was the first thing that appeared on the page at Sephora...go figure.

find-that-dupe-holographic-highlighter-milk-cosmetics-just-bloggers-no-explanation

MILK Cosmetics is a brand that appeared in Sephora not long ago, and I was excited as hell to know that they had a holographic highlighter and even more eager to try, but I think I got too excited for my own good.

find-that-dupe-holographic-highlighter-milk-cosmetics-just-bloggers-no-explanation

Upon application, the highlighter goes on as a purple streak and as you move it back and forth you can see how the colors do change, cool right?  Well here's the thing...unless you plan to keep this big bold streak on your face, the effect quickly fades away as you blend into your makeup.  I tried this on Saturday and I applied 4 times and still didn't see any holographic effects once I blended, if anything, it made my face look ashy.  If you have a lighter complexion you might not have this problem, but for myself with a caramel complexion, it looked as if I baked my face and didn't blend in the rest of the translucent powder.

find-that-dupe-holographic-highlighter-colour-pop-just-bloggers-no-explanation

Ironically, I received my Colourpop shipment the day after I received my MILK holographic stick.  As I went through swatching the different highlighters, I came across Honeymoon which....matches up to be a great dupe for MILK's holographic stick!

find-that-dupe-holographic-highlighter-colour-pop-just-bloggers-no-explanation

The formula of Colourpop's highlighter is much more smooth and creamy, and it has more of a glitter effect to it on top of the same holographic effect, and I don't even know if that was intended or not by Colorpop.  Upon application I noticed I didn't have to apply as much and it gave more of that shimmer that you would expect from a holographic highlighter.  If anything you could use this in place of MILK's holographic stick or on top to bring out the intended effect.

find-that-dupe-holographic-highlighter-just-bloggers-no-explanation

What's the verdict???  We're going to go with Colourpop.  Unless you are that brand loyal to MILK which I don't know if that's possible given how relatively new they are, save yourself $20 and get you that Honeymoon in your life.

Know of any more dupes we should try out?  Drop a link in the comment and let us know!  Also, be sure to check out this Find That Dupe in the video below!!!


just-bloggers-no-explanation

No comments

Post a Comment