Hair, Beauty, & Makeup: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Line Review!


Shea Moisture is literally heaven f***ing sent.  Mind you, I'm definitely late in the game, but thanks to Diamond I am well up to speed on not only the hype, but the true magic of Shea Moisture.

Ok so quick back story on how this whole haul came about.  Went to Walgreens to look for that expensive ass Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer.  I have eczema + over oily skin so this is what my old dermatologist recommended me to use.  It just so happened that Walgreens was having a buy 1 get 1 50% off all Shea Moisture products at the time, and the shopaholic in me said...why the hell not.  And I will wholeheartedly tell you this was one of the best purchases I've made in a long time.

shea-moisture-african-black-soap-review

The problem skin moisturizer has replaced any Cetaphil moisturizer I once used.  Even though the jar is tiny, you don't need a lot.  A small circle covers your entire face and helps to clear up skin and battle certain issues such as oil, dryness, eczema, etc.

shea-moisture-african-black-soap-review

I am in love with the facial scrub.  Each Friday when I get into my relaxation mode I use this along with other products we'll talk about below and my skin feels NEW again.  Not too strong but gives you the right amount of tingle and sensation.

shea-moisture-african-black-soap-review

Ok so please don't be alarmed when you use this.  The wash is black, like black as a black marker BUT it instantly turns into white bubbles that we're use to seeing.  I use this when my body has a flare up from the eczema or even when myself or my daughter have a multitude of mosquito bites.  I just use a few drops in our bath water and the itching and irritation goes away instantly!

shea-moisture-african-black-soap-review

And now...to the infamous black soap.  I actually didn't know Shea Moisture made two versions.  The version I have is specifically made for eczema and psoriasis treatment and it does what it says it will do.  On top of that, this soap gets rid of any makeup!  Definitely something to think about when choosing a makeup remover.

shea-moisture-african-black-soap-review

Along with the facial scrub, I use the black mud mask to help detoxify my face after a long week of makeup wearing, running around, and just...being dirty.  Let's face it (no pun intended), your face builds up a lot of dirt over a course of a week and you need to implement some type of regimen to get that all out, and the black mud mask does just that.

shea-moisture-african-black-soap-review

Now this is an interesting product.  I have seemed to figure out that not only should you use this before bed or before you start your day, but it works great as a mattifying primer AND for removing makeup!  How?  Hell I don't know but it does!

shea-moisture-african-black-soap-review

And last but certainly not least, the black soap body lotion.  Very thick, which is needed for people with dry skin problems.  I have been able to get rid of my daughter's steroid eczema cream and use this instead and it's like gold in a bottle!

I loved the line so much, I did a nice little Youtube video on it!  Check it out below and drop a link in the comment box on some of the products you love from Shea Moisture, whether from the black soap line or their other amazing lines!