The Adventures of AK & Aubrey: Maybe Legoland for Your Birthday?

legoland

So in my last parenting post, I mentioned that my baby girl was turning 5 this past December.  Because her birthday is not only in the winter season but too close to Christmas (2 days before) I wanted to do something different and out of the box for her birthday.  For the life of me, I couldn't think of anything.  I thought of doing a spa party but she just started a new school and didn't have that many friends.  Thought of a costume party but we did that last year with her Frozen themed party, so what in the heck was I going to do for my babygirl's 5th birthday?!

And then...it hit me!  Legoland!  My daughter has been playing with legos ever since she could comprehend what a lego, let alone a block was.  My brother even gave her all of his legos (tens of thousand of pieces) and all she does is sit in her room thinking of things to build.  A jail cell, a garden, a classroom, a mockup of our apartment, you name it.  I've honestly never seen a little girl so obsessed with legos!

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

So it was decided.  We hit the road on her birthday to Legoland.  I've never been there and have only been in Kansas City passing through going to other places, so this was an experience for the both of us.  When I tell you...I was amazed at not only how big Legoland KC was, but how many interactive activities there were to do.  It wasn't the fact that you paid and then ventured off to different random places, you had to hit each room and each room served a purpose.

The first room we were in was Santa's workshop, where we built reindeer and presents and got to see some of the other figures created who served as elves in the workshop such as Pikachu from Pokemon and my favorite, The Minions!

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

Next, we had to save the princess.  If you're familiar with the Scooby Doo ride at Six Flags, then you'll be familiar with this ride too.  Going through a tunnel, we had to defeat the villains by shooting them with our guns from our car, I think I had more fun than Aubrey on this part.

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

After saving the princess, you were let off on the other side where you were free to explore the other attractions and different exhibits such as the movie theater, swing ride, 3D models of notable Kansas City attractions, the inflatable maze, the race car track, the playhouse, the restaurant, the store, and so much more!

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

legoland

All in all, this might have opened up the door to a new tradition, family trips for birthdays.  Normal birthday parties are cool and everything, but we're explorers, and birthdays are the perfect reason to get up, get out, and find new things around you to enjoy and have fun with!

Be sure to check out our video recapping our day trip (and subscribe, like, and share as well) and if you'll be in the KC area soon, be sure to check out their promotion for 1 Kids Go Free Ticket per 1 paid adult ticket to Sea Life Kansas City Aquarium!

Until next time!