Beauty Corner: NYX Liquid Suede Lippie Review

A photo posted by Ak Brown (@akjapbae) on

Am I the only one who will willingly admit they're a lipstick addict?  Well I am, lowkey, with over 160 lipsticks and counting!  So what I've decided to do is to simply conduct some "Lippie Reviews" of all of the lipsticks I have and will soon acquire, to get your opinions and maybe get recommendations for other products!

For my first Lippie Review, I'll be showcasing the new Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick, available online and also at Ulta (where I got mine from).  First and foremost, I need someone to let me know when Sandstorm and Vintage go back in stock.  I have been on the lookout for these two colors and they are sold out online at both nyxcosmetics.com and ulta.com and in stores (which should tell you how popular they are).

The colors I was able to get (shown below) still seem to do me justice.  The colors themselves are bright and vibrant, and the application is smooth and creamy but dries really well into a nice matte lip.  And for only $6.99, it's definitely worth it, not to mention I was able to take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free promotion.  Two critiques I would say are that these cream lipsticks are somewhat hard to get off, I tried using soap and water and also makeup remover and I had a little of a difficult time getting these off my hand and my lips.  Second, compared to another product in the Nyx line, their soft matte liquid cream, I prefer the soft matte over the liquid suede.  The liquid suede is a little sticky on the lips at first where as the soft matte dries like INSTANTLY and you cannot feel it on your lips at all, which sets the foundation for long lasting lips with little need to re-apply.



Have you purchased any of the liquid suede?  Let us know what you think!  Do you like them?  Is there anything Nyx should change about the formula?  Drop a comment and let us know!

No comments

Post a Comment