Hands On: Pumpkin Crazy


Now that I've secured a job in my field (and you know that's major), I've been more financially able to plan things, more so plan fun activities for me and mini me.  Last week I decided to take her Thies Farm, where on the weekend, Pumpkin Land is in full force!

pumpkin craze

Mazes, hay rides, and pumpkins galore, Thies Farm was a fun and very inexpensive place for me and Aubrey to go and have a Sunday Funday.  She climbed the hay towers, screamed down the slide, and even got her face painted one of her favorite characters, Hello Kitty.

But the fun wasn't over yet.  I bought her a small pumpkin there at the farm, only being $3.50.  But where was I to get my pumpkin?  And if you know me, you know I go big, so I needed a pumpkin to match.  And little did I know that Aldi had the most gigantic pumpkins I've ever seen, at least 25 pounds if not more, for only $3.99!  After lugging my pumpkin to the car, we needed a few more things for our fun DIY project and we headed to Michaels where I scored big once again.  Not only was I able to use a 50% off one item coupon, but also got 20% off everything, which made 8 cans of spray paint only $19!


After rushing home from what seemed to be like a long day, we got our newspaper and spray paint, and decorated our pumpkins for the neighborhood to see.  I went with a more sophisticated gold, where as Aubrey wanted multi colors as she puts it (lol).  This project took us 15 minutes at the max, and our pumpkins dried in record time.
Such a fun, hands on activity that didn't break the bank, and a tradition we will continue for years to come!
Do you have any fun Halloween projects you do for Halloween?  Drop a comment and share below!