Blog Talk: The Art of the Blogging Binder

blogging-binder

As 2017 is approaching, I told myself I would get organized and STAY organized.  If you know me, then you know I can be somewhat of a hog.  How I'm able to function, I don't know, but at times it does affect my productivity.

Instead of using a blogging planner, which I've tried many of times and failed, I decided to go a different approach and create my own blogging binder!  Why a blogging binder you ask?  Because it gives me the option of not only making it more personable which motivates me to actually keep up with it, but I can tailor it to what I need to use it for.

FIRST STEP: CHOOSE A CUTE BINDER!

You can find a cute binder anywhere, but my go to is Target.  They have awesome binders, in different prints, colors, and sizes.  I have a coral and gold pineapple binder that I got for $5.99.  Honestly, it's all psychological, but when you look at something aesthetically pleasing, it makes you want to use it more.

NOW IT'S TIME TO ORGANIZE

Now that you have your binder, it's time to organize it in a way that benefits you the most.  While we are all different as bloggers and have different things that we do with our blogs, these basic categories are what every blogger needs in their binder:

EDITORIAL CALENDAR
SOCIAL MEDIA CALENDAR
FINANCIALS
PLANNING
IDEAS
TO-DO

What I tend to do is keep this updated every 1-2 weeks.  In between update times I write in what needs to be added and cross off what has been done.  You can add as many categories that fit your needs such as MEETING NOTES, VLOG SCRIPTS, TRIP ITINTERARY, OUTREACH, whatever will help you stay organized for 2017!

No comments

Post a Comment