Why To Consider Your Blog A Business In Order To Be Successful

blogging

I've touched on this briefly but I really want to focus on it today.  I am not going to say I am an "expert", there are too many of those running around, especially in the blogging community and I don't want to be considered one.  Simply what I want to pass on to other bloggers in my shoes is that if you are looking to make your blog your business, you have to start treating it like the business you hope it turns out to be.  What does that mean?  It means putting in hours as if you were clocking in, gaining those contacts, creating quality content, promotion on social media, and investing in the development of your brand.  I will admit, it sometimes feels like a second job if done right, but the benefits are so worth it.  And with anything you do in life, you get what you put in, so if you hope for your blog to grow at a rapid pace then that means you have to put in the same amount of work to equal the growth you want to see, it all goes hand in hand.  I just don't see how people think they can make the "big bucks" in one night by blogging like it's just that easy, and when you're starting out it's not.  Other bloggers might not tell you that or the "experts" will charge you a fee to, but I'm here to tell you straight up the real facts, for free.

One concrete tip I can suggest starting with is building a goal list of what you want to accomplish for your blog/business within a given time frame (3 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc).  These goals can be anything from increasing your page views, monthly unique visitors, gaining new followers on social media, getting paid to create content for other sites, or even creating your own event under your blog's name.  Whatever the goal may be make it attainable and something you know you will work for.  By doing this you put yourself in the "business" mind frame of growing your blog to reach a goal you set for yourself, and once you make that goal it feels DAMN good!

What other tips can you think of when it comes to building your blog a a business? Drop them comments below and let us know!

No comments

Post a Comment