Fashion & Style: 1200 Peeps & $25,000

saint louis fashion week

I'm tired....as hell.  But it's a good tired.  A great tired actually.  I was able to be apart of something that Saint Louis should be proud of, not only because of the turn out (over 1,200 attendees), but because I was able to be apart of a movement of positioning Saint Louis as a "high fashion" district.

saint louis fashion week
Many already know that some of the world's most recognizable fashion icons have come from St. Louis (ex. Karlie Kloss), so for us to have some of the biggest names in fashion in attendance, including New York Fashion Week's creator Fern Mallis, and one of the fashion industry's biggest icons, Iris Apfel, means more than what anyone can imagine.

I wasn't able to go to fashion week last year, and I kicked myself in the ass ever since.  I made sure I bought my tickets months in advance and I made sure I was right on time.  Excluding the fact that I'm still considered a fashion blogger (we're becoming nichless bloggers) I just love fashion and I watch ii as if someone was watching football or basketball.  I get emotional with it, I think any true fashion lover and enthusiast feels the same way.


The first event was the Emerging Designer Competition.  6 designers, $25,000 up for grabs, so you know everyone brought their A-game.  The designs and presentation was immaculate, I felt as if I was sitting at New York Fashion Week.  Everything was presented in a professional manner, which says a lot, because y'all know some of the ratchet shows I've been to, but this was more than what I had expected.  The designers who showed at the competition were Haus Alkire, Eckhaus Latta, Azede Jean-Pierre, Houghton (the winner) and Novis and I just don't know how the judges decided, I loved something from each and every collection:

saint louis fashion week

saint louis fashion week

saint louis fashion week

saint louis fashion week

saint louis fashion week

saint louis fashion week

saint louis fashion week

saint louis fashion week

saint louis fashion week

By the time I got home, I was KNOCKED, which shows how much fun I had and once again, I'm effin' geeked I was apart of this experience.  Make sure to first, check out these amazing pics we were able to get from the competition, I'm in there somewhere (lol), and be sure to tune in the rest of this week for more Saint Louis Fashion Week Recaps!


*photos courtesy of Alec Wallis, Ashley Lear, Mark Schwigen