Designer Review #1: Viktor & Rolf

Hey guys happy Tuesday!!!!!!!!! Wanted to start off my posts for today with some "Designer Reviews" At least once a week I will be doing a little bio about a designer(s) of my choice, and today I chose Viktor and Rolf.

Bio:

Amsterdam based fashion house

Founded in 1993 by Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren

Met while studying fashion at the Arnhem Academy of Art and Design in the Netherlands

Relocated to Paris in 1993

First collection “Hyeres” was based on distortion, reconstruction, and layering

Returned to ready to wear in 200 with “stars and stripes”

They have collaborated with other well known brand such as Samsonite Shu Uenura, Piper Heidsieck, and H&M

In 2008, Viktor & Rolf entered into a partnership with Italian clothing magnate Renzo Rosso
 
 
 
 

Below are some pics of their fabulous work:






 
But what really fascinates me is their collections "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", of course taken from the movie, just put into a clothing collection:
 


 
So let me know what you guy think?  Would you rock some of these designs or are these just too out there?  Personally I would because I don't think any other designer could cut a garment so cleanly, with an actual chainsaw but make it look so unique, so cool, and so fashionable.  But I'll let you guys decide!!!!


No comments

Post a Comment