Secret to Natural Beauty: Essential Oils


Natural beauty has been all the talk lately in the healthy & beauty world. It started with people praising bare skin and naked, make-up free faces. But how can one feel confident about their skin if it isn't in the best shape? Make-up is a girls "go-to" when her skin isn't cooperating. It just seems easier to cover and conceal the impurities and forget about whats really under their. Have you actually ever thought about what you could do so that you wouldn't have to run for your make-up bag? Essential oils like coconut, tea tree, jojoba, and lavender etc. have many profound uses. These oils can be used on your body and even hair. My skin loves when I use an essential oil, especially during the winter months when the weather is so harsh. My favorite oil is Argan and Jojoba. These are definitely two of my staples that I keep around my bathroom. I use Argan oil on my hair after my cowashes and at night to seal my ends. Jojoba is my face and body oil after cleansing. My skin sucks this right up! I can definitely tell the difference in my skin when I haven't used an essential oil for a few days. These oils bring your skin to life and help with the appearance. Now that the colder months are near this is just one of the many ways you can keep your skin in tip top shape. Most of these oils can be found at your local Whole Foods Market or online. Also, they last quite a while and a little goes a long way. I will post a description of each oil and their uses down below for those interested in using a particular oil to combat a specific problem.

Rose Oil- This is the perfect oil for sensitive skin! It helps with stretch marks, acne scars, aging skin, and even repairs the overall condition of your skin. Ladies, this also has properties that can ease symptoms of PMS! How about that?

Castor Oil- I love this oil! If you're like me and want to grow thicker and healthier hair then this oil is for you! Almost, if not all, naturals who began their hair journey used this oil to get started simply because it helped with a variety of hair conditions and types! This miracle oil will help hair grow back in areas you've experienced hair loss such as your nape or edges. It strengthens and deep conditions due to it being an emollient. Have bad cuticles and cracked nails? Want wrinkle free hands? Apply this every night to your hands and notice the difference in texture in just a week.

Jojoba Oil- Simply the best. The many uses of this oil is shocking! I use this for just about everything! It is a great eye and make up remover. This oil can be used all over your body and your hair. If you have dry skin or cracked heels then this is the oil for you. Jojoba oil can also be used to protect hair from the sun and chlorine when you're taking a dip in the pool. I use this after my cleansing step in my skin care routine. I apply at night as a moisturizer and when I wake up in the morning my skin is very soft and supple. This can also be used for a shaving prep and after to prevent razor burn and ingrown hairs. With so many uses you would be just fine having this as your only essential oil!

Here are a few others....

almond, eucalyptus, lavender, sandalwood, peppermint, and olive.

No comments

Post a Comment