Get Crafty At The Makers Ball!

craft alliance

Are you the artsy, craftsy type?  I am on occasion, or at least I try to be.  I have this grand picture in my mind on how my project is going to turn out and it ends up looking like my dogs unmentionables.  Luckily Craft Alliance is here to help!  So you know in the Loop where that cool statue is?  Welp that's Craft Alliance and they are all about providing inspiration and education to a community of artists, collectors, students, and the art-viewing public.  They achieve this goal by providing classes and workshops to the public, displaying and promoting artists' work, and putting on events to bring awareness to their organization.  One of those events, which you better be at, is the Makers Ball.  Makers Ball celebrates makers and the power of craft at their annual fundraising gala.  Proceeds 
support the exhibition series and community education program and will feature live and silent auctions, an open bar, seated dinner, and dancing.  Check out some of the favorite looks from the past two years!

makers ball

makers ball

makers ball

makers ball

makers ball

In order to get ready for this art filled ball, you have to dress depart, I mean look above, they came with their A-game!  If  you're like me and can't muster up an outfit and have it look the way it should, go for this sexy yet very formal fringe dress ensemble.
Makers Ball 2015



Now if you're daring, this ball encourages for you to let your creative juices flow and create your own masterpiece!  If you like (someone please do it!)  I have below my one and only proud project of my ABC (Anything But Clothes) DIY outfit I created out of nothing but duck tape, trash bags, and cups, better known as Trashin' Fashion.  I would be oh so willing to give a step by step instruction and material list on how to make this outfit, it only took me one day to do so!

makers ball

Whatever you choose to strut to this event, it's a great event to be at.  You'll be having fun, supporting a good cause, and pumping art back into the St. Louis community.  For ticket information follow the pretty dashes ------- here, to give them monayyyyyyyy (donations) follow the pretty dashes ------- here, and to just say "WASSUP!" follow the pretty dashes ------- here.

*Pictures courtesy of Craft Alliance and #MOAF.  This post is pssonsored by Craft Alliance, Alive Magazine, and MWIN.

No comments

Post a Comment