The Most Important Thing You Should Know When Going/Being Natural


I'm not gonna lie, going natural was a big deal for me. I had been relaxed for as long as I could remember. No, I wasn't one of those kids getting relaxers at 3, but throughout the most of my life, that was a part of how my hair was being taken care of by my mom and the beauticians I went to. It's just what I was used to!

I didn't know what to expect from my hair when it came to being natural. I saw other girls around me that were natural and I also saw girls online rocking their natural manes and I was inspired continue because my goal was to have healthy hair more than anything.

I had never seen my natural hair other than when it was time to get a relaxer and my hair had grown out. It maybe was only about an inch or two every once in a while and even then, I had kept it flat ironed to maintain my straight, relaxed look. The only thing I knew how to keep healthy was my relaxed hair, so to go natural, I soon found out that it would be a whole other ball game.

Ready for me to get the point of the post? I know you are! Sooooo the most important thing that anyone that is either going natural or is newly natural should know is....

Embrace your texture for what it is because your hair is not going to look like the next girl's!

A lot of girls go natural with the hope that maybe they'll have the super coils, bouncy, naturally shiny hair and that's not always so. If you base the beauty of your hair on the texture, fullness, length, color, or whatever of someone else's, you will never be satisfied. What kind of way is that to live in your own skin?

Your hair is unique to YOU and the only way your hair could look its best is if you embrace it for what the good Lord gave you! There's nothing wrong with your hair the way it is. Imagine how boring the world would be if we all had the exact same hair. Embrace those kinks, coils, and curls and rock 'em like they're going out of style!

Share some of the biggest lessons you've learned on your natural hair journey below!

No comments

Post a Comment