Blogger Spotlight With Coming Up Roses!

coming up roses

Hey gals and guys! So as you know I am always trying to help my fellow blogger, whether it's collab-ing on a post or simply following them on Twitter, I try to do what I can because I know I want that same support!  So here at #MOAF we have started our Blogger Spotlight Series, showcasing fellow bloggers we know and love, and our first blogger is Erica of Coming Up Roses!  She is so sweet and kind and her blog is awesome as well!  Check out our Q&A to get to know her and her blog more!:

What made you start blogging?
I started off writing for a fashion editorial at UPenn at the beginning of my freshmen year. But I wasn't a huge fan of the editing process, and I wanted to do more. So, I started my own blog! I loved the idea of mixing up content ideas, building an audience and really connecting with readers. I aim to inspire every MWF!

What challenges have you faced thus far as a blogger and how have you pushed threw them?
Lower pageview counts and months of lesser engagement can be total deadkills to your motivation sometimes...it's easy to feel like you're never going to reach your dreams - like it's one big uphill battle. That might be true at times, but it's no reason to give up, and it doesn't mean you'll never get there! It's important to have a core group of friends, family, or other followers that stand by you, your mission, and your content no matter what. They're who you need to turn to when times get tougher!

What is one thing you wish you would have known before you started blogging
It becomes addicting. When you really fall in love with it, it becomes a 24/7 gig far too easily. Even if you're a 100% Type A perfectionist to a T (raise your hand if you're with me here, ladies...), you're going to need to learn how to force yourself to close the laptop and spend some time with yourself!

What is one tip you have to share with fellow bloggers?
Keep your eyes on your own paper. Comparison is the thief of joy, in life and in blog world. There will always be someone who has more followers than you, more sponsorships, more pageviews...so just accept that now and move on, focusing on always making yourself as good as you can be for you.

5 random (and fun) facts about yourself!
1. I'm engaged!
2. One time I gave myself a black eye.
3. I got picked up by the Associated Press as a senior in high school.
4. I'm in John Legend's alma mater college acapella group.
5. You can now follow Coming Up Roses on YouTube...(;

coming up roses

Want more of Erica and Coming Up Roses? Make sure to follow her amazing blog on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Youtube, and when you do wish her a happy engagement (jealous much lol!).

No comments

Post a Comment