5 Point Style Guide W/ Gingham

Gingham 5 point style guide

Did you know that gingham was on trend this season? You didn't?! Well...you suck. But yes gingham is totally on trend this season and has been seen in this seasons collection of Michael Kors, Altuzarra, and Oscar De La Renta.  But...I'm not a fan of the typical gingham, you know picnic blue, red, or pink....it's just not doing it for me.  I'm not even a fan of the big checks that make you look like a big ass picnic table or blanket either, I'm too big for all of that.  Instead, I love the settle colors of black and white small checkered gingham, which is what I'm featuring in this week's 5 Point Style Guide, which comes off so much more classy than looking like a walking picnic.


Gingham Check Blouse
The focus of our guide is this Gingham Check Blouse by Mango.  The checks are small enough not to be so "loud" but apparent enough so that you know this is a gingham shirt,  It's subtle which is what I like. Loud shirts, unless it's a graphic tee 
tend to not strike my liking


River Island Black premium high waisted popper leggingsTOPSHOP ROSCHA High Heel Sandals

Because we are keeping the base of this outfit very simple I chose to stick with all black to accentuate the black in the gingham, demonstrated with these Popper Leggings by River Island and these Roscha High Heel Sandals by Topshop.


POVERTY FLATS by rian Mesh-Front Faux-Leather Clutch BagLipsy 70s Felt Hat
Home decor

Now I don't know why, but when I envision this outfit, I see a nice felt hat, kinda of 70's-ish like this one by Lipsy (I've been in a 70's mood lately I don't know why). Then after I found the hat, I found this Mesh Front Faux Leather Clutch Bag by Last Call where the mesh resembles the gingham in the shirt to a tea, and gives the outfit a nice bright pop of color with the yellow. And then to just add all of the 70's you need, these frames by Polette (love them!) are just soooooo cute and vintage!  The black in the frames ties in with the main color of the outfit, and the gold gives another accent to the outfit, and I just love how they're structured.


Bracelet
Last but not least, I love this Channel Diamond Linear Bracelet by Angara.  It's not too flashy yet flashy enough, if that makes sense.  It's a simple 14k gold bracelet with diamonds encrusted in the bracelet itself.  If you're not familiar with Angara, they are known for their magnificent gemstones, hints why they are called "The Gemstone Destination".  They specialize in Sapphires, Rubies, Emeralds, Tanzanites, Diamonds, and other precise gemstones.  Angara also offers a wide range of jewelry from rings, bracelets, and earrings to different occasions such as engagement rings and wedding rings, and they have products for all different price ranges (sweet!).

If someone re creates this look please share with me! I am thinking of re creating this look for the Blogger Awards here in St. Louis (wish us luck) so if I do I'll be sure to share, and stay tuned for the next edition of 5 Point Style Guide!

this post was partly sponsored by Angara.

No comments

Post a Comment