The Motto: Do What You Love

simply stylist conference

Do what you love, the motto we all should live by right? That's how I try to live my life, which has sparked me to be more adventurous, take more trips, and be involved more when it comes to this blog, and branding myself as a whole.  So when I heard about Simply Stylist I knew I had to jump on it.  


simply stylist conference
A Saturday in Chicago, I attended the Simply Stylist Conference, surrounded by my fellow fashion and beauty bloggers, stylists, enthusiasts, and lovers, and immediately you felt in the air that it was going to be a good and productive day.



simply stylist conference

The fact is, I went by myself, no Diamond, no Aziza, no one I actually knew, so this forced me to jump out of my comfort zone and network with people, and if you know me you know that can be very hard (I have a phobia of people, yep).  But it turned out great!  I met some amazing girls, some who I am in the process of collabing with, and some I actually already knew, internet wise, but never met in person! (Shoutout to Abril of The Color Palette, love ya girl!)

simply stylist conference
 I think what really set the mood was us being in such a beautiful venue, the Dana Hotel in Downtown Chicago, like it was better than any hotel I've even been to, no lie!  The scenery was amazing, lot's of space for networking and mingling, and it was just a great place to be for this amazing event.

simply stylist conference

Part of the conference I really enjoyed was the panel discussion.  Interviewed by Catt Sadler (of E! News), Corri McFadden, Sazan Barzoni, Joey Maalouf (he is sooooo funny!), and Jacey Duprie all shared their come ups, experiences, and current projects that definitely inspired everyone!  I literally was at full speed writing down ideas for companies and possible blogging conferences of my own.  From the panel discussion I realized that I can't just be stagnate, and I have to at least try something before I deem that I can't do it, because it might turn out I'm good at it and it could be very successful.

I wish I could go on and on about everything I did at the conference, I mean I can, it's my blog and shit, but instead I want you to check out the pics I took including the interactive experience we had after the conference!  And if you were at the conference drop your email below and let's stay in touch!



No comments

Post a Comment